There is a limited amount of funding available to support student participating in ISIT 2015. You may apply for student travel support if you are a student author of an accepted ISIT paper. To apply, please provide 1) a supporting letter from your supervisor, and 2) a brief statement detailing your need for the support.
You need to submit your application no later than April 30. You will be notified of a decision by May 14. Applications can be submitted here.
- All student travel award recipients are required to register and attend ISIT 2015. The support will be given as partial reimbursement of registration and travel expenditures.
- Reimbursement will be based on the actual incurred expenses. The actual maximal level of reimbursement is yet to be determined. However, we expect an amount similar to that as in previous ISITs.
- For reimbursement purposes, award recipients are required to submit copies of expense receipts BEFORE July 15. If the actual expense is less than the size of the award specified in the award letter, you will only be reimbursed the actual incurred expenses.
- Please note that the travel support is intended for students who do not have sufficient funding to come to ISIT otherwise. Award recipients are strongly encouraged to stay at the recommended PolyU Student Halls of Residence (Homantin). Applicants staying at the hostel will be given a higher priority.
- If you cannot accept the award, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing to Terence Chan.
Due to the requirement from sponsors funding the travel support scheme, please be aware of the following conditions:
- For students from US universities, we cannot reimburse flights to and from Hong Kong on a non-US carrier. Expenses (e.g., registration, accommodation etc) and airfare cost on a US carrier can be reimbursed (up to the maximum award amount stated in the award letter).